Bean Recipe Contest
Barber’s Foods (www.barbersfoods.com) is now selling local Colorado grown and processed dry beans.
To promote consumer consumption of Colorado beans we are launching a bean recipe competition for Barber’s restaurant chefs and culinary students at MSU.
This contest is sponsored by the Colorado Dry Bean Committee.
- $100 will be awarded to the first five chefs to submit a bean recipe to Barber’s Foods. It must be a dish that is, or can be sold at a restaurant this fall.
- $300 awarded for first place, $200 for second place and $100 for third place for best pinto bean recipe
- $300 awarded for first place, $200 for second place and $100 for third place for best Mayocoba (yellow) bean recipe
- Participating chefs and restaurants will receive promotion of their dish and establishment on our social media sites.
1. Go to www.barbersfoods.com and click on Bean Recipe Contest to enter online.
2. Enter your information below and put "Bean Recipe Contest" in the message form.
Barber’s Foods will provide the Colorado pinto beans for contestants at no cost to contestants.
The deadline for submitting recipes is September 30th. Chef Jackson Lamb and fellow chefs at the Metropolitan State University School of Hospitality will pick the winners and the prizes will be mailed on October 31st, 2020.