Bean Recipe Contest at MSU Denver
The Colorado Dry Bean Committee and Barber's Foods want to announce 5 mini-contests before the end of the semester, with each winning recipient receiving $300. Due to the rush and stress of the end of the year, we have extended the due date to February 15, 2021.
The 5 categories are:
- Black Bean Contest; Seeking recipes of black bean burgers, meatballs and meatloaf
- Garbanzo Bean Contest; Seeking recipes of hummus, falafel and roasted garbanzos.
- Kidney Bean Contest; Seeking recipes of chili, meatloaf, 3-Bean Salad
- International Rice and Beans Contest; Seeking recipes from any culture or cuisine. Israeli, Lebanese, Moroccan, Colombian, Mexican, Asian, African
- Black-Eyed Peas Contest; Looking to gather recipes prior to New Year’s Eve.
Each category will have a winner. Contestants can enter as many categories as they'd like.
To enter, submit your recipe using dry beans in a PowerPoint format, listing ingredients, portions and procedures. Photograph your work. Since you will not be able to make a presentation, let the PowerPoint speak for you.
Email your recipe to email@example.com and include your Powerpoint presentation as an attachment.